Laminate cabinets are a great option for those who want to update their kitchen without spending a lot of money. However, many people wonder if they can paint laminate cabinets and get the same results as they would with wood or painted cabinets. The answer is yes!
You can paint laminate cabinets and achieve a beautiful, long-lasting finish.
- sand the cabinets with a fine-grit sandpaper to rough up the surface and help the paint stick better 2
- wipe down the cabinets with a damp cloth to remove any dust from sanding 3
- apply a primer specifically for laminate surfaces, if desired, for better paint adhesion 4
- paint the cabinets with a latex or oil-based paint in the color of your choice 5
- let the paint dry completely before adding new hardware or reinstalling doors and drawers